The idea of drop shipping works excellent for both merchants and suppliers. Suppliers are also commonly referred to as ‘drop shippers.’ Drop shipping is when you the merchant have an arrangement or a partnership with a supplier who creates stores and ships products to your customers once you have made the sales through your website or from an online store.
It is an ingenious approach to the way business is done, and you could make a killing if you are well positioned and have the right products. Essentially, your part is to market and sell while the supplier creates, stores and ships. Being on an e-commerce platform such as Shopify means that your store is optimized to take advantage of such an arrangement.
Why a Shopify online store is ideal for drop shipping
- App integration
- Excellent loading speeds
- Powerful marketing tools
- Mobile responsive
- Solid customer support
- 99.98 percent up times
What to look for in a drop shipping app
Online store owners using a drop shipping model love Shopify because of its numerous drop shipping Apps. Some of the most preferred drop shipping Apps include:
- SMAR7 Express
Here is what to look for when choosing a drop shipping App
- It should let you choose products from Shopify with ease and should also be able to allow you to sync selected products with your shop.
- An app with a global shipping network is preferred or at least one near to where your customers are. This helps drastically reduce shipping times.
- Choose an App with excellent customer support. This is vital, especially when a customer opts to return a product for one reason or another.
- A drop shipper who can put your brand on the merchandise before shipping is most ideal. This makes for a perfect delivery service so that the customers do not feel confused when they receive their product.
- Choose an App that has decent shipping rates. This allows you to keep your prices relatively low and still make a profit.
Some due diligence is called for before settling for a drop shipping App. Researching how well the App covers shipping on particular geography where your customers are should be a priority. This will ensure shorter delivery times and happier customers. Since Shopify has a bounty of drop shipping Apps, you are most likely to find one that will be a perfect fit for your business online.